Registration Fee: $25
Registration Deadline: Registration closed May 27th
Program Topic: It Takes A Community – Meet Agencies Ready To Support Your DEI Initiative
Advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) within your organization can be challenging. With a limited budget and lofty goals, finding the support you need to create a sustainable DEI program might seem out of reach. This program will introduce you to community partners available to support your organization in driving progress and reaching success. We will hear from speakers representing Urban League of the Upstate, Employment Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), LGBTQ+ Chamber of Commerce, Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Women's Rights & Empowerment Network, Able South Carolina, and Greenville CAN. Speaker Bios and Organizations.
1. Learn about organizations in the community poised to support women’s empowerment programs. You’ll also learn about support available for Veterans, people with disabilities, the African-American community, and the Hispanic community.
2. Learn about the challenges faced by diverse and underrepresented communities in the workplace and how you can support them.
3. Receive information on how to leverage the support of community partners in achieving the mission of your DEI initiative.
Timing: Check-in and lunch begins at 11:30. Meeting begins with GSHRM news and sponsor information shortly before 12 noon. This session will feature "round robin" discussions at tables, so no recording will be available. The event concludes by 1:30 pm.
Masks and Distancing: Masks are optional - please feel free to wear one. Please refrain from hand-shaking, and do your best to social distance during the event. We thank you for your patience and cooperation in keeping each other safe!
Boxed Lunch Choices: First come, first served. We will order 50% of each choice and you may pick your box upon arrival and take it to your seat:
- Choice 1: Honey smoked turkey with sliced turkey breast, lettuce, tomato, mayo, and honey mustard on whole grain bread.
- Choice 2: Roasted beet salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, goat cheese, toasted almonds, grilled chicken, and berry vinaigrette dressing on the side (you can special order no chicken and/or no goat cheese by noting this on your registration form or emailing email@example.com).
Due to COVID-19 please refrain from attending if:
- You have a compromised medical condition or are showing symptoms of the virus.
- You have traveled within 14 days to any country on the CDC travel restriction list.
Please follow proper hygiene protocols of hand washing and help honor one another by refraining from handshaking.
HR Certification Credit: This program is approved for 1 PDC for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. It is also approved for 1 hour of HRCI general re-certification credit. Certificates will be emailed to those in attendance after the meeting along with a Feedback Survey.
No Solicitation at Meetings: With the exception of our meeting sponsor(s), GSHRM enforces a no solicitation policy at meetings. Members are asked to report violations of the policy to firstname.lastname@example.org. View the policy here.
Accommodations: Please indicate any special accommodations on your reservation form, or contact email@example.com.
Poinsett Club Dress Code: Business casual. For gentlemen, a necktie is not required. Ladies shall dress appropriately. No jeans, shorts, or tennis shoes will be allowed. Cell phone use is not allowed in the Club.
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations after the deadline date are subject to the meeting fee payment. Please direct changes or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.